Joyous Movement Classes and Videos
- Joyous Movement Fun Dance Fitness for Seniors with Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Joyous Movement for Assisted Living Seniors
- Joyous Movement Fun Dance Fitness for Independent Living Seniors
- Joyous Movement Fun Dance Fitness for Boomers and Caregivers
Dance movement, the most basic and innate activity for creating health, wholeness and happiness is now accessible to independent living individuals as well as those with Alzheimer’s and dementia and their caregivers through Joyous Movement classes and instructional videos. Please check our store to purchase.
Joyous Movement for Alzheimer’s and Dementia
150 Million people have been touched by Alzheimer’s disease, and 50 million are worried about Alzheimer’s. Each day, 1,232 people are diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. Scientific research done by the Albert Einstein School of Medicine states that dance is the number one recreational activity, more effective by 76% than any other, to both prevent and slow the progression of memory loss. Dancing makes you smarter!
Here is a bit of footage from one of my classes for individuals with memory loss at Friendship Center, an Adult Day Care facility in Montecito, California.
Joyous Movement Training:
Learn hands on training of Beth’s tehniques for your facility or in home care. A certificate training is offered.
Joyous Movement for Independent Living Seniors
This program is designed to improve the strength, balance, felxibility, and stability of seniors in the 70-95 age group. Great burst of joy and spontaneous self expression are known to happen! This video will be released in December of 2015.
Joyous Movement for Boomers and Caregivers:
A fun, full body dance workout designed to take care of those whose busy schedules and often don’t have time to take care of themselves. Ages 50-70, for the active adult. It’s a celebration of self-love!
Suggested Set List
1. Greeting: Your Make Me Feel So Young, Frank Sinatra or Java Jive, The Ink Spots
2. Upper Body/Breathing: Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Judy Garland
3. Legs: Singing in the Rain, Gene Kelly
4. Dance Steps: In the Mood, The Andrews Sisters
5. Africa: Bana by Issa Bagayogo from the Putamayo Collection
6. Hawaii: Sweet Leilani by the New Hawaiian Band or any other Hawaiian Hula selection
7. Singing: Take me out to the Ball Game, Oh what a Beautiful Morning from Oklahoma
8. Props: Come Fly With Me, Frank Sinatra
9. Spine: Fly me to the Moon, Frank Sinatra or I left my Heart in San Francisco, Tony Bennett
10. Group Dance: Senora, Harry Belafonte
11. Cool Down: Because of You, Tony Bennett